The objectives in which it was established was driven by its mission and guided by its vision to develop and represent micro, as well as macro savings and credit societies. Our key specific objectives as an Umbrella body are:
1. To provide advocacy, lobbying, advice and protect members against adverse legislation and/or restrictions.
2. To act as the principal local and international representative and mouth-piece of all SACCOS in the country;.
3. To promote the organization and development of viable SACCOS and financial service in Tanzania.
4. To help improve the internal management of savings and credit societies, by providing a standardized management system for the SACCOS and rural Savings and Credit Schemes/Association.
5. To promote a common code of ethics based on co-operative principles among SACCOS, their officials, employees and members.